Thursday, August 11, 2005

I SURRENDER MY WILL

I sat there on the concrete bench, doubled over and trembling from down inside. I could hear people circling me, comforting me, asking me ," are you ready to surrender?" Inside the building there was a narcotics anonymous meeting going on. I had slept on the beach for the past couple of weeks and had run out of all of my drugs. Inside I knew, the only reason I was sitting outside that meeting hall was because I had hit rock bottom. I couldn't go on like this any longer. An addict named Tony and 2 other recovering addicts somehow got me into Tony's car and we made the 40 minute journey to a detox facility. Now the truth would be revealed. Was I going to leave like I had done on 2 other occasions, or had I really surrendered? Was I willing to do whatever it took to get clean ? Would I keep my faith and make it past the withdrawal pains?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home