Monday, August 15, 2005

DON'T LEAVE BEFORE THE MIRACLE HAPPENS

I Had avery hard time sitting in the meetings for an entire hour. An hour seemed like an eternity to me, but i was told i needed to be there from prayer to prayer, which sounded like a religious cult to me. I soon found out that the prayers were about us asking for the power to change our lives, and the prayer at the end was for all the sick and suffering addicts inside and outside the meeting rooms, that they too shall find recovery and a new freedom from their self destuction. On one occasion I decided to step out for a cigarette. Another addict standing by the door placed his hand kindly on my shoulder and whispered to me these words that have stayed with me.
He said. "my brother, DON'T LEAVE BEFORE THE MIRACLE HAPPENS." He went on later to explain how If I step out of the meeting for any amount of time, I may miss the one thing I needed To hear that day, and that could be the message that could keep me clean just for today, or that could be the message that would save my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home