Saturday, August 20, 2005

AS THE FOG BEGAN TO LIFT

As the fog began to lift, I would get passing glimpses of where this journey was taking me. They came to me internally; in my soul and at they would seem to release endorphines, although passing quickly at first. After about 4 weeks I
put in my first day of real work since about 5 years before that. I came back to my halfway house that afternoon feeling like a new man. It was at this point in my recovery that my faith took hold of me and I began to believe that I could do this.
I felt worth something and I wanted to contribute more and more. I sensed at that moment, that god had a purpose for me, and I would no longer stand in his way.
My memory was coming back to me in bits and pieces. I had been drugged up for so long that I couldn't remember who I was and what I use to be like. I knew I had hurt a lot of people , but for now that had to be left in the past. The time for making amends will come about when I reach that point in my recovery. Today was about taking care of Jay, because without me staying clean, I will be of no service to anyone. As soon as I had let go of the guilt that had helped keep me sick and using all these years, I was able to focus on the gratitude I had, for being given the blessing of being alive today, and of starting a new life. I was now on my way , and I had Faith that wonderful things lay waiting for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home